Privacy and Cookies
PRIVACY AND COOKIES
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR)
1. Personal information we collect
Personal data is collected when you purchase a product from Dorset Patchworks, engage with us on social media, when you contact us by means of a query or otherwise or when you leave a review.
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you are ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order, a patchwork quilt for example), or if you contact us directly. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product that you ordered and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds.
Cookies are used on this shopping site where they are strictly necessary for the site functionality. They are used to aid navigation, and to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart
2. The legal bases relied on to collect, use, and share personal information
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
Data collected by this site is used to:
a. Take and fulfil customer orders.
b. Administer and enhance the site and service.
c. Only disclose information to third parties for goods delivery purposes.
- When engaging on social media, your social media username so that we may respond to comments or queries.
3. The third parties with whom we share personal information
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies and our IT hosting company. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
4. How Your Personal Data Is Protected
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website and apps using ‘https’ technology.
5. The length of time we keep personal information
Whenever we collect or process your personal data we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
For orders, we will keep the personal data you give us for four years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
6. Your rights regarding our use of your personal information and our contact details
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Devi Chapman, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at [email protected] Alternately, you may mail us at:
Dorset Patchworks, 41 St Andrews Road, Bridport, Dorset DT6 3BJ, England.